Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hi all...just a note to wish everyone a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve! I hope you all had a great Christmas. We were busy on the road visiting everyone but we're home now. Jordie's got a bit of flu bug but we all survived the Christmas craziness. We visited Dad and Debbie on the 24th with Barry and Ann and the girls. Barry and Ann then came to our house and we had a great visit. It was so nice to spend time with them as we don't get to see them often. Once Barry and Ann headed home to open gifts, Mom, Kevin, Laura, Shane and I then played Trivial Pursuit until the wee hours. Girls womped again..which is par for the course. On a sad note, it was a hard Christmas for mom as she lost a very dear friend, Lloyd. As many of you know, mom was taking care of a gentleman who became one of her dearest friends. Lloyd came into mom's place when she needed a friend and I know losing him will leave a big hole in her heart. I just thought I'd pass on a little poem that he recited to mom often.

"The years may wipe out many things,
But this they wipe out never;
The memory of those happy days,
When we were all together..."

Please be safe over New Year's Eve and hope the fish are biting for those who are out on the ice! Happy New Year!.....M

No comments: